Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Ireland
Job Title: litigation Consultant
Job Salary: 45000 - 55000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for an experienced Litigation Consultant / Paralegal to join their team. Our client has experienced a significant period of growth that means they are now looking to expand their already thriving Litigation team.
The Litigation Consultant will be responsible for assisting their clients when they receive tribunal claims and will take ownership of each case and be responsible for drafting responses, visiting clients, preparing cases for hearing, and representing clients at both face to face and remote hearings.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the conduct of cases in Ireland, although ideally the candidate will either have a knowledge or understanding of Northern Irish employment law or be willing to gain knowledge of Northern Irish employment law.
The Litigation Consultant will also be responsible for:
* Review all claims brought against clients in the Workplace Relations Commission and Labour Court.
* Make early and prompt contact with members to notify the client of conduct of the case and to advise and take instructions from clients.
* Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate responses on behalf of clients for their approval.
* Prepare any reports for the insurer in respect of any claims as may be required.
* Advise clients on the merits of any claims and the prospects of successfully defending claims.
* Conduct any conciliation, mediation, or settlement negotiations on behalf of the member.
* Visit clients either at their premises/offices or at the company offices in Dublin.
* Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation and drafting of witness statements or evidence in chief for hearing.
* Prepare trial bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreed format in preparation for hearing.
* To review the insurance position following receipt of full client instructions and liaising with the insurance team in respect of any matters arising.
* Attending and conducting case managements discussions, preliminary hearings, full hearings etc. as and when required at hearing centres throughout Ireland.
* Demonstrate commercial knowledge of the Company’s range of services and products and to be able to discuss these with clients as appropriate, and to proactively assist in the retention of existing clients and to promote new business by obtaining referrals for new clients.
* Responsible for ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skills is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work and to the standards as outlined in this job description.
* Attend either at Group Head Office in Manchester or at the company offices in Cork and Belfast, and participate in team or other meetings as required by the Litigation Manager.
To be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
* Good employment law knowledge
* Relevant qualification or equivalent experience in the workplace.
* A ‘can-do’ attitude, a thirst for knowledge and the ability to communicate knowledge effectively within the team.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong time management skills.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.