Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Litigation Desktop Consultant
Job Salary: £22000 - £25000 Per Annum
The role requires you to:
* Effectively undertake office-based representation in ET cases and early conciliation matters;
* Follow processes in relation to ET risk management;
* Attend ET preliminary hearings if / when required;
* Maintain strong working relationships with staff and current / prospective clients.
* Provides appropriate advice to clients on employment tribunal matters and maintains effective communications with clients.
* Enters proper pleadings, ensuring all relevant legal arguments are presented.
* Deals with interlocutory matters in accordance with tribunal rules, including disclosure and bundle preparation.
* Complies fully with insurance / Claims Department requirements.
* Complies with departmental tribunal operating and risk management procedures.
* Undertakes risk assessment of cases raising red flags as required.
* Negotiates settlements on behalf of clients as appropriate.
* Effectively represents clients in early conciliation matters.
* Drafts settlement agreements for clients as and when required.
* Takes responsibility for development of skills / knowledge through appropriate reading.
* Attends Company internal training days as required.
* Provides support to sales and marketing colleagues as and when required to do so.
* Remains alert to possibilities for securing additional consultancy revenue and achieves lead generation targets.
* Manages time effectively to provide an effective and efficient service to clients.
* Carries out any other tasks deemed necessary by the management team.
What you Bring to the Team:
* Relevant professional qualification or degree.
* Sound broad-based legal knowledge, preferably including good working knowledge of employment law.
* Some experience of giving employment law advice / conducting employment litigation is preferred but not essential.
* Potential to develop into full advocate role.
* Communication skills – good oral, written and computer skills.
* Commercial awareness – alert to on-sell/up-sell opportunities with strong customer focus.
* An ability to work in a fast paced, adaptable environment.
* Strong time management skills and strong ability to multi skill.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.