Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Ireland
Job Title: Litigation Executive 2X
Job Salary: 45000 - 50000 Per Annum
To be responsible to Litigation Manager (Ireland) and Associate Director for Services in assisting our clients when they receive employment tribunal claims by assuming conduct of cases from drafting responses, visiting clients, preparing cases for hearing and representing members in hearings
We are looking for candidates who are confident, articulate and legal qualified, preferably with experience in litigating employment disputes, or who have direct employment law/HR experience. The successful candidate will be part of the Ireland Litigation Team but will be based in our Dublin office and work closely with the HR/employment law advice team. There is a strong focus on delivering high standards of care and service to our members and we are looking for someone with good communication skills and high professional standards.
* Review all claims brought against clients in the Workplace Relations Commission and Labour Court.
* Make early and prompt contact with members to notify the client of conduct of the case and to advise and take instructions from clients.
* Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate responses on behalf of clients for their approval.
* Prepare any reports for the insurer in respect of any claims as may be required.
* Advise clients on the merits of any claims and the prospects of successfully defending claims.
* Conduct any conciliation, mediation or settlement negotiations on behalf of the member.
* Visit clients either at their premises/offices or at the company offices in Dublin.
* Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation and drafting of witness statements or evidence in chief for hearing.
* Prepare trial bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreed format in preparation for hearing.
* To review the insurance position following receipt of full client instructions and liaising with the insurance team in respect of any matters arising.
* Attending and conducting case managements discussions, preliminary hearings, full hearings etc. as and when required at hearing centres throughout Ireland.
* Demonstrate commercial knowledge of the Company’s range of services and products and to be able to discuss these with clients as appropriate, and to proactively assist in the retention of existing clients and to promote new business by obtaining referrals for new clients.
* Responsible for ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skills is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work and to the standards as outlined in this job description.
* Attend either at Group Head Office in Manchester or at the company offices in Cork and Belfast, and participate in team or other meetings as required by the Litigation Manager.
* The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the conduct of cases in Ireland, although ideally the candidate will either have a knowledge or understanding of Northern Irish employment law or be willing to gain knowledge of Northern Irish employment law.
* The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.