Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Litigation Executive
Job Salary: £25000 - £26000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This role involves working in the Litigation Team at the Manchester Head Office, delivering successful commercial litigation recoveries on behalf of the UKI Companies within The Group.
Reporting to the Litigation Team Leader, the position is suitable for an individual who is bright, confident and an excellent negotiator. A need to be very commercially minded, the successful candidate must be able to work as part of a dynamic team and cover a range of legal issues across the Group.
The post holder will be working towards a professional legal qualification or have directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive team environment. The focus is on remarkable service and care, along with an experienced commercial approach and the post-holder will be someone with excellent communication skills to deliver this.
* Point of contact for any issues referred internally from the Group businesses to the Litigation Team.
* Overseeing the administration of tasks within your caseload, including adhering to court timeframes for filing documents.
* Assistance with handling internal cases that arise from colleagues, still employed or former colleagues, of businesses within the Group.
* Handling of disputes arising between Group clients, former clients, colleagues, former colleagues or third parties.
* Handling mediations between Group companies and their clients.
* Maximising litigation recoveries whilst managing costs to achieve the best commercial result available
* Renegotiating contracts where appropriate to assist client retention
* Engaging and maintaining strategic relationships with our litigation partners
* Court Attendance
The above is not an exhaustive list and you could be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the changing demands of the Litigation team.
* Working towards a legal qualification (or qualified)
* A positive approach to a busy workload and teamwork
* A genuine desire to learn and understand the commercial aspects of The Group to maximise recovery
* The ability to take initiative and a thirst for responsibility for high value, complex matters
* A dynamic strategic approach including the ability to analyse and manage risk