Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: North-yorkshire
Job Title: Litigation Field Consultant - Employment Law
Job Salary: £38000 - £42000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The role requires you to effectively manage a portfolio of Tribunal cases across the full range of employment law issues.
* Provide appropriate advice to clients on Tribunal matters and maintain effective communications with clients.
* Enter proper pleadings, ensuring all relevant legal arguments are presented.
* Deal with interlocutory matters in accordance with Tribunal rules.
* Prepare cases in timely fashion.
* Effectively represent clients at hearings and contested cases at tribunal.
* Negotiate settlements on behalf of clients as appropriate.
* Comply fully with underwriting / Claims Department requirements.
* Take responsibility for development of skills / knowledge through appropriate reading.
* Identify and manage risks to the client, Croner and the insurer.
* Ensures cases are “red flagged” to Croner management in line with company procedures.
* Provide clear and accurate assessment of prospects within company timescales to include an assessment of whether advice was taken and followed if required.
* Generate sales whenever opportunity arises.
* Ensure time is fully and accurately recorded.
* Carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the management team.
What you Bring to the Team
* Good advocacy experience in ET, has ideally handled over 20 cases.
* Demonstrable evidence of ability to handle all types of Employment Tribunal case.
* Relevant professional qualification or degree, legal background is preferred but not essential.
* Mobile, can undertake cases around UK, holds valid driving licence.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.