Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Private Health
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Management Accountant
Job Salary: £40000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The Portfolio Group are working with a Health-tech business based in the Central Manchester, looking to bring on a Management Accountant who is looking for a step up and progressive trajectory to Finance Manager in the foreseeable future. They have seen year on year growth and have consistently produced impressive company profits. This is a key role which takes ownership of the month-end process and leads a small team. The role will be best suited to someone newly qualified or nearing the end of their studies, it is key that you have dealt with an end-to-end Management Accounts including commentaries.
The Management Accountant will work closely with the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountants to produce monthly management accounts. They will produce draft board-level commentary for review by the Head of Finance (HOF) and Finance Manager (FM) and be flexible for information requests from external departments. Prepared to promote best practice where possible and implement changes to processes.
* Preparation of management accounts for comparison against budgets, highlighting and reporting variances.
* Produce monthly regulatory returns, including VAT returns for review by FM & HOF.
* Review invoices for accrual, prepayment, and capital items.
* Assisting with queries and training of accounts staff.
* Produce management accounts for two smaller entities within the Group.
* Review nominal ledger reconciliation (including intercompany accounts) ensuring reconciling items are reviewed.
* Actively involved in the budgeting process, taking control of budget ready for submission to FM & HOF.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please apply with a copy of your updated CV and someone from the Team will be in touch!