Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Marketing & PR Assistant
Job Salary: £18000 - £20000 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing and PR Assistant to support our growing marketing team at Peninsula. This will be a dual role, reporting into the Group Head of PR & Communications and the Marketing Manager. You’ll be a recent marketing graduate who understands marketing theory, PR, social media and communications and has a desire to build on their existing marketing and problem-solving skills. Working collaboratively with the wider marketing team in Manchester, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, both digitally and offline.
The key objective of the role is to assist and support the Peninsula UK marketing department with internal and external projects. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering marketing and communications programmes, through planning, strong creativity and faultless execution. You will work closely with the internal teams within Peninsula UK, and across the wider Peninsula Group, to deliver marketing campaigns and support PR and social media activities.
Peninsula is the UK’s largest provider of employment law, HR, health & safety and EAP consultancy services, supporting over 60,000 businesses across the country. With global subsidiaries in Ireland, Canada, and Australasia, Peninsula is a world-leader constantly evolving to meet the needs of customers in an ever- changing world.
As well as joining a talented and growing marketing team, this role comes with benefits including free breakfast on a Monday, employee assistance programmes for your physical and mental health, regular company socials (post-pandemic), and more. This is the perfect opportunity for an enterprising, proactive graduate to start a promising career in a fast-paced, high performing company.
* Assist with the day-to-day organisation, requests and administration for the marketing team with the Marketing Manager.
* Support the Head of Group PR and Comms with press and social media activity
* Research and develop ideas and look for opportunities for press coverage, to help raise the profile of the Peninsula group companies
* Assist with maintaining and running company social media accounts across all platforms, including regular reporting on both paid and organic content
* Support with the coordination and creation of compelling marketing collateral through both online and offline channels including: sales collateral, digital marketing assets, video for web and the press, and more.
* Organising the production of both internal and external literature to support client and prospect activity and plans.
* Assist wider marketing automation team with data maintenance and cleansing.
* Assist with regular competitor research, highlighting key areas findings and areas of focus to assist the sales teams and help drive Peninsula’s future initiatives.
* Working with the wider digital team to learn best practise, share ideas and help maintain content.
* Supporting both the social and charity committee with promoting internal events.
* Be available as a resource for senior marketing professionals who need support with completing large marketing projects.
* Working on internal communication products and initiatives.
* Assisting with monthly prospect and client newsletter sends.
* Assist marketing manager with video plans and help coordinate the schedule for production and filming. · Working with the team to proactively seek creative ways of raising our profile in our key markets to generate revenue and strengthen our brand position. · Assist with monitoring and reporting on active marketing activity, looking for ways to help improve those campaigns.
What you bring to the team
* A degree in marketing, PR or a related discipline.
* A passion to work within the PR & marketing industry.
* Ability to work effectively on own initiative and within a team environment.
* Excellent communication skills – able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels with an intuition for adapting communication style as appropriate.
* Able to demonstrate strong organisation and project management skills.
* A desire to learn new skills, develop and grow within in a fast-paced environment.
* Evidence of experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign for amending existing assets and artwork
* Evidence of experience with email systems e.g. Dotmailer, Mailchimp, Marketo
* Experience working with social media across a variety of platforms
* Experience interning or working in a marketing role. This could be in a business or as part of a groupyou’re involved with.
* Keen interest in news and current events
* Creative thinker, able to develop and incorporate their ideas into PR, marketing and social media strategies.