Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: England
Job Title: Occupational Health Advisor
Job Salary: £40,000 - £42,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 15 million lives, in their search to add an Occupational Health Advisor to their team. Our client offers the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
The Occupational Health Advisor (OHA) provide professional medical advice to employers and employees about health and work issues and ensuring integration with business practices. To provide expert commercially focused advice with a high level of focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction. A requirement of the role may also involve work outside of the organisation with key existing and potential clients and continue to support our client base whilst maintaining the profile and reputation of the organisation.
To produce Occupational Health (OH) reports that meet service level standards, quality audit criteria and individual key performance indicators (KPIs) of 5 OH consultations per working day for a fully qualified OHA. Full details of KPIs will be provided separately. The report must answer all the questions requested by the client on the management referral form, provide a clinical opinion, advice and recommendations on which the referring manager can progress the case forward accordingly.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Able to assess an employee’s functionality and produce a quality report within the allocated timeframe.
* To provide advice/support to employers on complex matters which facilitate an employee’s rehabilitation back to work after a period of sick leave.
* To ensure the Occupational Health service delivery and co-ordination of administration processes, are implemented accordingly.
* Ensure operational efficiency of the Occupational Health function by completing the full range of services: medical information calls, management referrals, Peninsula Business Services advice calls, ad hoc advice calls, Work Health Assessment questionnaire reviews, follow up calls, report triage that have been allocated to you.
* Assist where required with potential new business and Relationship Management requirements where a clinical input is required.
* To attend client meetings, which may involve UK travel, accompanying the Relationship Managers as required.
* The ability to build good working relationships to ensure that we maintain an excellent reputation within the Occupational Health field.
* Responding to client queries in a timely manner with the overall aim of achieving a satisfactory solution or clarification where required – Complete work within the relevant service level agreement (SLA).
* Attendance at Occupational Health team meetings as required, which will include taking part in presentations to ensure that current information and knowledge is shared with your team members to support continued professional development.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with all written work and entry on to the CRM system so accurate records are maintained at all times.
* Adhere to ISO approved policies and procedures to ensure that quality and compliance is maintained at all times.
* Ability to communicate with all colleagues (management, administrative and clinical) at all levels and demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Essential skills and Competencies
* Either a specialist degree or a Diploma in Occupational Health.
* Current Licence (preferably Part 3 of Register) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
* Currently practising Occupational Health work.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* Able to organise and prioritise workload accordingly to ensure work is completed within a timely manner especially prior to any period of annual leave.
Desirable skills and Competencies
* Have proven experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and have proficient IT skills.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* Proven experience in working towards KPIs and SLAs.
* Ability to work as part of a busy team.
* Have proven experience in working with Occupational Health referrals and experience from a variety of organisations.
* Profit Share Scheme
* 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays (Increases with service)
* Day off on your Birthday
* PerkBox Discounts
* Christmas Bonus after 3 years
* Social Events Throughout Year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Health Insurance after 5 years