Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Local Government
Contact Name: Adam McCartney
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Interim Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £20 - £24 Per Hour
A large public sector organisation based in Stockport require an experienced Payroll & Pensions Manager to join their department on a short-term interim basis. This will initially be for a period of two months with the potential to be extended.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be responsible for the management of a large payroll department, ensuring timely and accurate processing of high volume weekly and monthly payroll.
* Provide a comprehensive Payroll service for the remuneration and expenses provision to employees, meeting the requirements of internal and external clients.
* Ensuring the timely and accurate pay of all employees, with all payments and deductions being made in accordance with policies and regulations.
* Action complex, technical remuneration and pay & pensions queries from individual employees and managers ensuring queries are resolved promptly
* Ensuring the effective management and development of staff within the Payroll department
* Ensure the payroll officers run the monthly processes and produce RTI and Year End Returns
* Undertake any other reasonable duties
* Experience within a similar role, preferably within the public sector
* Proven experience of effective management of Payroll departments
* Comprehensive knowledge of payroll legislation
* Ability to confidently communicate with senior members of staff
* Proven experience improving efficiencies within a payroll function
* Excellent systems skills and strong knowledge of MS Excel
If this role sounds of interest and you have the necessary experience required, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.