Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Job Salary: £21000 - £27000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is part of a group of Accountancy Practices. Based in a friendly and supportive team in Stockport, you will be working on a portfolio of clients. Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant to join them on a permanent basis
Reporting directly to Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly and monthly payroll.
Responsibilities and requirements
* Payroll bureau
* Responsible for all aspects from start to finish
* You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients with varied frequencies and complexities
* Reconciling payroll reports.
* High volume/multiple payrolls
* Auto enrolment
* RTI Submissions
* Processing statutory payments
* Handling client payroll queries
* Year end returns
Desirable skills and attributes:
* Excellent technical skills with strong working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, PAYE, NIC
* Expenses and benefits, pensions and all year end procedures.
* Compliance, P45’s and the ability to process manual calculations.
* Ability to do Autoenrollment
* Bureau experience
* Looking for 2 years’ experience minimum
* A keen eye for detail
* Strong initiative
* Enjoy working within a team but autonomy to work alone
* Experience processing multiple payrolls
* Excellent Excel
* Must have exceptional payroll knowledge answering queries
* STAR system experience Advantageous
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Employee benefits portal with offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
* 4 x Death in service
* Employee referral scheme – highly competitive bonus.
* Employee assistance program
* Eyecare vouchers