Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Rosie McIntyre
Job Location: Hertfordshire
Job Title: Payroll Assistant Manager
Job Salary: £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
A top chartered accountancy is seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant Manager to join their team as the result of continued expansion.
As the Payroll Assistant Manager you will support the Payroll Director in the day to day management of the growing team whilst remaining hands on with large and complex client payrolls.
* Manage payroll processes for a portfolio of clients, including managing processes for those clients with more technically complex payrolls
* Process payroll from start to finish ensuring accuracy throughout the payroll cycle, for example in processing P45’s, starter declarations, pro rata calculations etc
* Oversee year end payrolls
* Setting up of new clients
* Reviewing output of other team members
* Process statutory payments and deductions as well as considering and updating information to incorporate company enhanced schemes
* Prepare BACS submissions for salary and other third party payments
* Submit necessary RTI returns (FPS/EPS) as required
* Previous people management experience within a payroll function
* Experience of processing end to end clients payroll within a bureau or accountancy
* Experience with the Star payroll system is highly desirable
This role will be hybrid working.