Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Jack Dwyer
Job Location: Buckinghamshire
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £20000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are currently working with a well-established manufacturing business that’s seeking a Payroll Officer, to join their friendly team and be responsible for managing the UK and Ireland payroll.
Summary of responsibilities:
* Preparation, processing and filing of monthly payroll from beginning to end including raising payments.
* Responsible for the day to day administration.
* Administer RTI submissions and process end of year submissions, P60 & P11D.
* Reconciliation and completion of monthly HMRC returns in relation to payroll, when necessary.
* Work in conjunction with HR on collation, checking and posting of overtime and shift payments covering reconciliation back to payroll reports ensuring consistency across the Group.
* Review time and attendance to ensure all relevant sites have signed off. Liaise with HR to highlight any outstanding exceptions for approval of site.
* Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance.
* Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision.
* Prepare and submit post payroll journals for Finance Department.
* Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries as and when they may arise.
* To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the Finance team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary.
* Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels working with Group.
* In conjunction with HR assist with new joiners and leavers in the payroll process.
* Manage third party providers where necessary (HMRC, Cycle to Work Scheme, Union Deductions, Tax Free Childcare scheme / Childcare Vouchers etc) ensuring deduction report is correct
* Answering payroll queries on the telephone and using the in-house ticketing system to monitor queries.
Skills and Experience required:
* You must have an in-depth understanding of current Payroll legislation including Tax Codes, Statutory Allowances and Pensions Auto Enrolment, and have a high level of attention to detail.
* Strong written and spoken communication skills are a must as you’ll be in regular contact with both clients, colleagues and third parties regarding Payroll issues.
* Self-motivated, and ability to work under pressure and respond flexibly to the demands of the business
* Good IT skills to include Word and Excel
* Strong accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong organisational skills and an ability to assess and prioritise tasks