Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Carla Hunt
Job Location: Coventry
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £28000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our client is currently recruiting for a payroll officer to Provide an effective and efficient payroll service
to a range of international and UK clients as part of a wider business services offering.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
* Full responsibility for payroll delivery and reporting to a portfolio of clients in line with both client and internal requirements, including:
* Registering clients for PAYE with HMRC
* Production of P45’s
* Checking client balances with the HMRC portal and investigating anomalies
* Setting up payroll for new clients tailored to their requirements
* Processing of clients payrolls (Weekly, Bi-weekly, monthly) including bonus, commission, pensions, SMP, SSP, share option schemes
* Processing of pension contributions; various portal uploads and control of payment
* Processing of benefits (payroll and/or P11D)
* Advising on and applying for PSA’s. Controlling payment
* Processing year end and producing P60’s
* Ensuring all payrolls are completed and approved in line with agreed timelines
* Building relationships with clients and their employees
* Responsible for own client portfolio
* Keeps up to date with, and ensures that, payroll legislation is followed. Share technical
* knowledge within the team and business as appropriate.
* Excellent understanding of Work Place Pension requirements and the ability to calculate
* Understanding of salary sacrifice rules
* Understanding of Benefit in Kind rules (eg PMI, car, fuel, loans, mobile phones, gym, travel insurance etc)
* Understanding of PAYE Settlement Agreements (PSA)
* Familiarity with MS Excel and Word.
* Knowledge of HMRC and pension portals.
* Manual Calculations
* Experience working with STAR payroll professional.