Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Local Government
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll & Pensions Manager
Job Salary: £42000 - £47000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is looking for a Payroll & Pensions Manager on a permanent basis to oversee a large experienced team. You’ll be managing a high volume payroll – 12 payrolls totalling 20,000 split over the team – with emphasis on government pensions, while also being strategic.
Working as both the Payroll and Pensions Manager and being a part of the wider management team, you will be responsible for supporting the development of the shared service centre. You will be focused on continuous improvement as well as lead and advise on payroll and pensions to a number of different organisations and management of the team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities as a Payroll & Pensions Manager include:
* Planning and implementing efficient, day-to-day operational activities
* Oversee & develop the Payroll & Pension Team incl. mentoring, training and skills transfer
* Manage services for external payroll clients
* Being the key relationship manager and ensuring SLAs are maintained
* Operate at a strategic level to develop the service and leading on innovative ways of working, technology and transformation changes
* Sharing knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation and have good working knowledge of public sector payroll and pension operations.
* Leading on the production of procedures and documentation relating to payroll and pensions operation and provide advice or intervention where required.
* Understanding of HR processes
* Support the initiation of new business opportunities and the development of contracts
* Responsible for accurate accounting and control requirements
* Planning of resources and activities in relation to annual plans and targets.
* Develop productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas.
Please refer to the essential requirements as only candidates who meet the criteria will be interviewed.
To be a successful Payroll & Pensions Manager in this organisation, you’ll require extensive experience of leading and coaching a large team and need to be up to date on public sector legislation and pension’s knowledge. Experience of ITRENT woiuld be advantageous.
It is essential that you are CIPP qualified or equivalent.
Other essential requirements are:
* Experience of leading & developing a large team
* Up to date on public sector legislation and pension’s knowledge
* CIPP qualified or equivalent
* Results driven and ability to handle pressure
* Ability to maximise resources and manage budgets
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Understanding of shared service environment and knowledge of national legislation and procedures in relation to an HR and Payroll Shared Service.
* A record of success in promoting diversity and creating equality in service delivery and employment