Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £30000 - £33000 Per Annum
This is a Sole Payroll Officer position for a logistics company. You will be responsible for overseeing the end to end payroll of 600 employees, across 5 companies.
Must be able to do full end to end Payroll and work alone.
* End to end payroll of 600 employees
* Collation and input of all relevant information for the monthly payroll including new starters, leavers, benefits, contract changes, sickness absence payments, allowances, maternity, apprentice levy and paternity pay.
* Advising on and keeping the company in compliance with changes in legislation and best practice
* To administer SSP, SMP and SPP
* Assisting in the administration of benefits schemes such as mention and healthcare schemes
* Producing pay related reports to assist with payroll verification, analysis and statutory requirements
* Policies, procedures and documentation kept up to date and in line with best practice. Also work with production to improve manufacturing skills matrices and ensure they are accurate.
* Some international for visitors and directors
* Several years’ payroll experience
* Excel including V look up
* CIPP or CIPD part or fully qualified or equivalent an advantage
* Experience of transition projects with both payroll and time and attendance systems
* International payroll advantageous
* Proactive and structured approach
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong relationship building skills
* Ability to keep calm under pressure
* Friendly and gets along easily with others
* Ability to use own initiative and think outside the box
* Enthusiasm to contribute to the business’s success and growth