Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £30000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is government function looking for a Payroll Specialist on a permanent basis. Working in a friendly and lively team you will be working on a high volume payroll with emphasis on government pensions.
Please refer to the essential requirements as only candidates who meet the criteria will be interviewed.
* End to end payroll as part of a team doing 10 payrolls totalling 20,000 split over the team
* Manage services for external payroll clients
* Development of service, continuous improvement and implementing change
* Sharing knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation and have good working knowledge of public sector payroll and pension operations.
* Production of procedures and documentation relating to payroll and pensions
* Understanding of HR Process’s
* Be open to innovative ways of working, technology and transformation
* Support the initiation of new business opportunities and the development of contracts
* Responsible for accurate accounting and control requirements
* Planning and implementing efficient, day-to-day operational activities
* Develop productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas.
* Previous experience of Payroll
* Need to be up to date on legislation and pension’s knowledge.
* Results driven and ability to handle pressure
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Understanding of shared service environment and knowledge of national legislation and procedures in relation to an HR and Payroll Shared Service.
* ITRENT systems usage advantageous not essential
* Health and Safety
* CIPP qualified or equivalent