Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: FMCG
Contact Name: Barrie Wreford
Job Location: Humberside
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £21 - £21.50 Per Hour
My client, based in Surrey and working within the UK Payroll Support team to support business as usual during a transformation period.
UK payroll is responsible for paying approximately 6,500 employees in the UK, partnering with our third-party payroll provider to achieve this. This role sits in the support team working between the payroll provider, HR, Pensions, Finance and our outsourced HR Services team to ensure payroll is processed accurately and on time for both our weekly and monthly payrolls.
The Payroll Specialist role is required to own and manage the end-to-end UK payroll process as well as communicating with various stakeholders on all matters relating to UK Pay.
The role involves managing the end-to-end UK payroll process, from ensuring that starters, leavers and transfers are all processed correctly (from HR Systems into Payroll system), reviewing payroll instructions and results to signing off payment/payrolls and off cycle pay runs. Working with stakeholders such as Pensions, Finance and third parties to allocate costs and outputs.
The role holder will primarily be required to liaise with the payroll vendor to ensure smooth delivery of payroll services (supporting a weekly payroll and 3 types of monthly payroll), investigating and resolving queries and escalations for which our Payroll and HR are used extensively.
Additional activities will include:
* Responding to pay queries from People Experience Leads in the Payroll mailbox and resolving issues.
* Reconciling payroll data and carrying out rigorous checks to ensure the highest standards of pay data quality.
* Working with various HR, Global Mobility, and Global Reward teams to ensure that employee payroll data is correct and setup in time for cut off, as well as providing training and guidance to HR, GM or other stakeholders as needed.
* Responsible (together with payroll provider) for ensuring that UK tax and social security is correctly calculated and paid over to the authorities. The Payroll team also needs to provide retroactive corrections to HMRC.
* Corresponding with HMRC and other third parties, working with our tax providers to provide all compensation data requests for our Global Mobility population on the UK payroll.
* Other ad hoc activities such as faster payment runs, tracking overpayments, ONS requests and checking the 3rd party payroll providers calculations.
The successful candidate will have the ability of inspiring success and leading by example to other team members (perm or temp) as well as training other team members as and when needed.