Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Payroll Bureau
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Dorset
Job Title: Payroll Team Leader
Job Salary: £29000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The client is this instance is looking for ambitious and motivated candidate who want to be able to take that next step in their career whilst supervising a small team.
Working as the team leader responsible for all payroll activities for a range of clients focused on timely and accurate payroll activity. Responding to all queries in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring confidentiality and GDPR compliance. Escalate queries/issues where necessary.
Delivering excellent customer service in line with the SLA’s and liaising with internal and external customers as required. Ensure that the system is regularly updated to reflect any changes to employee salary and benefits, e.g., pensions, healthcare. Compliance with all statutory legislation and internal controls, ensuing effective SOX compliance. Initiate / respond re all correspondence within the agreed timescales.
* Statutory compliance with all payroll legislation / deductions
* Independent data validation of data entered by other members of the team and to be the first point of contact for issues relating to the 3rd party pay provider
* Calculating all statutory payments/ deductions.
* Calculate all overpayments and effect clear communication and payroll recovery.
* Ensure Payroll deadlines and service requirements are met for the team’s portfolio of clients
* Ensuring the team’s compliance with internal policies and procedures
* Accountability for your team’s output to clients
* Monitoring team’s KPIs and profitability
* Keeping your knowledge of statutory and legislative regulations, including workplace pensions, up to date
* Promote client care and cascade this to the wider team
* Provide guidance and support to all team members and other teams/offices as required
* Internal BACS procedures and client payment requirements
* Review and approval of all new AE Pension set-ups
* RSM financial systems to review and monitor client recoveries
* Review team performance and setting clear objectives, which are to be monitored on a monthly basis