Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Gloucestershire
Job Title: Payroll Technician
Job Salary: £26000 - £29000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
As the Payroll Technician you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of payrolls. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional payroll bureau service.
Role & Responsibilities
* Responsible for the day to day administration of medium to large sized multiple client payrolls; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60.
* Processing of pay scale & allowance uplifts, incremental rises and contractual changes as and when required.
* Use payroll software efficiently, including import/exports and report writing.
* Processing all types of manual payroll calculations, including salary sacrifice schemes.
* Applying knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments, for example, redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP.
* Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance.
* Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis.
* Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with technical enquiries when they arise.
* Use own initiative to resolve issues and assist team members where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary.
* Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
* To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients.
* To proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Payroll bureau experience.
* Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software.
* Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* Organises own work and prioritises tasks.
* Good numeracy skills.
* Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy.
* Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
* Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.