Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Principal BI Analyst
Job Salary: £55000 - £60000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
BrightHR is a business experiencing rapid growth, favouring business decisions based on concrete metrics. BrightHR is part of a group of companies that collaborates and enters joint ventures. The estate is wide, complex and has intricate legacy.
To analyse, assess and compare sources of data across the estate, identifying the different attributes of each overlapping source. Influence stakeholders on which source should be considered the standard source of truth. Provide insights and analysis based on the data and drive recommendations for the business in order to provide a unified, curated, assured data set that a wide stakeholder group accepts as accurate.
Responsible for data insights used to make fundamental business decisions with budgets and risks in the millions of pounds.
Direct Reports: BI Analysts, Data Analysis
Reports To CTO.
Internal and External Relationships
CEO, CTO, CDGO, Head of Sales, Associate Director of Service, Head of Technology Delivery, Group exec stakeholders, Product Owners, Product Delivery Teams, Delivery Leads, Principals, Solutions Architect
* Drive change within a complex data estate understanding impacts and benefits
* Identify areas of the estate where there is a lack of integrity or completeness that results in data anomalies, prioritise which to address based on business value and negotiate with a broad stakeholder group
* Survey the estate for sources of data and flows
* Understand the various sources and the differences between them, their integrity and how they can or cannot be compared to one another
* Rationalise and explain differences between data sources identifying why any differences exist
* Negotiate an agreement of the “source of truth” with a broad stakeholder group
* Identify and surface patterns in the data that suggest a dynamic not previously understood
* Identify the business value of new reports, prove the concept and influence stakeholders on why they should be built
* Be an authority for technology tooling and practice for your team and the department. Have several technologies, tools and practices that you are able to consult on.
* Provide consultation in any review process on technology capability and expertise
* Have a progression plan for all members of your team
* Have a succession plan for staff
* Identify opportunities for improved development practice, implement and communicate beyond your team
* Manage and execute the formal review process
* You ensure deployment and maintenance are automated
* You have production support metrics and live monitoring that enables you to communicate the state of the service and plan for future demand.
* You take ownership for your product end to end, can assess the health of the running system and plan for future demand.
* Identify, elaborate and communicate a suitable strategy for the acquisition, curation, surfacing of data to support the business in data provision for decision making.
* Implement a backlog of change in order to deliver that strategy
* Manage the expectations of a diverse and strongly engaged set of stakeholders in a context where the demand exceeds capacity.
* Ability to understand a complex, intricate and evolved data estate
* Able to relate transactional data with other behavioural data sources like Google Analytics and ELK.
* Elicit analyse and understand the data needs of several stakeholders in a broad range of roles
* Experience of AzureDB, Salesforce, Marketo, and SQLServer as sources of data and PowerBI as an aggregation, analysis and visualisation platform.
* Acquire data from the various sources seeking support from various teams in order to do so
* Make prioritisation decisions setting stakeholders expectations appropriately on the likely schedule of creation of a reports
* Experience of leading software development teams and working with service organisations.
* Provide commentary and analysis on the data in order to make draft recommendations for how the data can be used or opportunities that the data presents
* Able to work in a high pace, demanding business that relies on data to drive decisions
* Ability to deal with very high levels of uncertainty either in the technology or business domain
* Experience of line managing direct reports and supporting them to meet their career aspirations
* Inspire enthusiasm for your discipline from your colleagues
* You are able to strongly influence quality in your product team and across the department.