Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Principal User Researcher
Job Salary: £65000 - £70000 Per Annum
My client an award-winning company that is growing each year, with newly opened offices in Canada, New Zealand and Australia are looking for an experienced and well-rounded Principal User Researcher that is an expert in user-centered design and research techniques as well as experience implementing user-centered design strategy on various projects.
Are you looking for a new role? Want to work in one of Manchester’s most vibrant, fast-growing Businesses?
You will be responsible for representing the user whether past present of future in roadmap definition and prioritisation. To identify customer problems and missing features based on research from customers, prospects, and the market. Influence priorities based on business value to address the change, agree with the stakeholders for service, sales and the exec. Work within the product or market site teams, or elsewhere, to implement.
Reporting directly into User Research Analyst.
They have a strong user experience and design team which also incorporates user research. Relying heavily on user research to adjust or product direction and iterate all of our features, favouring delivering an MVP and seeking feedback from the consumers. We have a co-located service and sales team and a highly engaged board of directors resulting in a highly driven commercial environment that relies on research, strong delivery measurement and iteration.
* To represent the user whether past present of future in roadmap definition and prioritisation to assure we are solving their problems.
* Support the creation of success metrics prior to feature production for assessment during feature build and release to understand how to increment the feature for best return.
* Be an authority for technology tooling and practice for your team and the department. Have several technologies, tools, and practices that you can consult on.
* Consult during informal and formal review process on technology capability and expertise
* Have a progression plan for all members of your team
* Have a succession plan for staff
* Identify opportunities for improved development practice, implement and communicate beyond your team
* Significant decisions are captured in a lightweight visible form at an appropriate fidelity and the last responsible moment.
* You have a strategy for reducing dependencies between products and within the product
* You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea, marketing, sales and operation
* Manage your own training requirements
* Attend industry events and share the value with your colleagues
* Support other product teams when demand requires, and the prioritisation supports
* Awareness and commercial experience of common exploratory, quantitively and qualitative research techniques and tools.
* Commercially aware and able to create a balance between cost and return to make good judgement calls on where to invest research
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
* Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, expediency, and longer-term maintenance costs
* Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within the company
* Ability to communicate with many roles in the business in a way that can easily be understood, to negotiate with senior and inexperienced colleagues to determine why a feature should be built and what the feature should be to support the business goals.
* Demonstrate, discuss, and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family
* Able to combine many sources of information, analyse opinion and conjecture to describe summary options to a wide stakeholder group
* Ability to deal with very high levels of uncertainty either in the technology or business domain
* Experience of line managing direct reports and supporting them to meet their career aspirations
* Inspire enthusiasm for your discipline from your colleagues
* You can strongly influence quality in your product team and across the department.