Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Research/Pharma
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Procurement Business Partner - Science Research
Job Salary: £43000 - £56500 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
To provide support to Strategic Procurement Managers and Department Heads. Deliver procurement support across the organisation, providing advice, guidance and completion of large procurements for the` growing R&D portfolio. Particular procurement activity disciplines include Design, Manufacture, Supply and Installation, in support of Fusion experimental programmes and material research facility.
Procurements are in a wide variety of different projects ranging from Robotics, Materials Testing, Collaboration agreements with both Industry and Academia, Materials testing and research, Research & Development, tritium processing and fusion technologies
Role and responsibilities:
* To provide Procurement leadership in large or complex procurement projects
* Manage the Procurement activities to enable delivery of major projects, delivering required support within the time parameters to meet project milestones and targets, collaborating with others to define the project scope taking into account Public Contract Regulations
* Responsible for pre-qualifying contractors and subsequent interviewing tenderers, assessing tenders and negotiation of contracts as required
* Managing, monitoring and controlling contractual progress of projects in terms of adherence to contract terms taking into account time, cost and quality
* Identify opportunities for improvements and propose solutions in order to contribute continuous improvement. Make final recommendations for the development of new solutions using analytical and constructive thinking
* Liaising with stakeholder in regard to the creation, application and implementation of procurement strategies for the Site
* Provide commercial advice to senior management and stakeholder within UKAEA and to participate in specific initiatives where appropriate
* Understand, influence, drive and negotiate with internal and external customers, suppliers and colleagues.
* Provide mentoring and development for members of the procurement team, supporting them in delivering a first-class procurement service to the organisation.
Experience and requirements:
* Demonstrating the experience and knowledge required to manage complex procurement activities
* Good procurement strategic knowledge and experience.
* Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers
* Excellent negotiation skills with some understanding of NEC form of Contract
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels
* A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Commercially astute and customer focused
* Be a good team player with ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team
* MCIPS qualified
* Experience of Public Sector Procurement and knowledge of OJEU.
* Experience of manufacture and supply contract placement