Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Procurement Lead (Global Engineering Brand)
Job Salary: £55000 - £65000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A truly amazing opportunity to join a globally prestigious sports, automotive, aerospace and defence bespoke engineering business as a Procurement Lead (Head of Department), leading a team of polished procurement experts.
You and your team will get involved in bespoke one off, high value projects as well as the higher volume, lower value projects but being able to manoeuvre focus in a fast paced, quick changing environment. This role would suit someone who has leadership experience, ideally gained within an Automotive, Racing, Aerospace, Defence or Bespoke engineering industry.
Role and responsibilities:
* Define sourcing strategy and minimise supplier complexity and quantity where possible to enable the development of supplier relationships and supplier management using KPI’s
* To achieve cost reductions associated with the delivery of projects to meet financial goals and report versus target on a monthly basis.
* Management Reporting on Project performance to ensure that the procurement activities are happening on a proactive basis assisting with delivering projects in tight time frames.
* Support the Head of Department with performance appraisals and annual reviews to ensure staff are motivated and understand the goals
* Drive the usage and uptake of supplier scorecards across the business (working with supplier quality) to ensure an aligned approach to all supplier reporting.
* Support the usage of ERP for all procurement and planning activity, ensure that the procurement teams are leveraging the tool and processes are being followed.
* Procurement Team resource planning and recruitment to make sure that the right resources are available to enable project delivery
* Support, lead, guide and train procurement team.
* Manage the on time delivery of conforming materials and parts, for new and existing product in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team
* Supplier selection and nomination in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team.
* Working with ERP system to drive planned purchase orders and ensure on time delivery
* Proven track record of procurement, preferably across a number of industry sectors
* Technical and / or commercial education to a minimum of degree level, Membership of CIPS would be advantageous.
* Well-honed leadership and negotiation skills.
* Experience of implementing supplier development plans with a track record of delivering measurable improvement in supplier performance
* Desired manufacturing experience in related industry
* Strong data driven and visual reporting skills, ensuring quantified status and risk is communicated.
* Team player with the ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
* High level experience and knowledge in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Excellent prioritising, organisation, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills