Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: London
Job Title: Procurement Manager - Indirect (OJEU)
Job Salary: £36000 - £41000 Per Annum
This is an amazing opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join a flagship organization in London, working as the go-to procurement expert for the entire business. The business key performance indicators are the economic growth and jobs that are created, the satisfaction of clients and partners, and commercial performance.
To be responsible for and mange procurement activity across a number of indirect categories for the organisation ensuring compliance with Public Contract Regulation 2015 (PCR2015) and EU Regulations.
Role and responsibilities:
* Leading or supporting the procurement process ensuring internal policies and EU Regulations are complied with at all times.
* Provide advice and guidance on procurement and contractual issues.
* Provide training to staff with specification writing, evaluating, and conducting compliant procurement exercises.
* Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers and suppliers to ensure compliance with procurement procedures.
* Negotiate benefits on new and existing contracts for services and cost improvement.
* Engage and Influence key customers in the business to define new and effective procurement strategies and cost saving opportunities.
* Ensure transparency obligations are met.
* Managing supplier review processes to ensure the suppliers is performing to contractual service levels.
* Manage the administrative and operational tasks of the procurement function, including communications, training, and the procurement intranet page.
Experience and requirements:
* Significant experience in public sector procurement.
* Previous experience of improving processes of any current policies.
* Working knowledge of budgets/financial targets.
* Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
* Computer literate – Microsoft Office products Word and Excel.
* Experience of negotiating and influencing all levels of internal customers.
* Track record of applying procurement best practice including PCR2015.
* Experience in managing multiple projects and customers.
* Experience in leading commercial negotiation of small to medium contracts
* MCIPS (desirable).