Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Coventry
Job Title: Procurement Manager - Professional Services (FTSE 250)
Job Salary: £50000 - £60000 Per Annum
This is an amazing business with a brand that anyone would envy to have on their CV. The procurement team have an opportunity for an experienced Category Manager – Professional Services to join the team and manage one of the busiest key areas of their spending.
You’ll be exposed to some really exciting and interesting projects in your category, working with key stakeholders in the business across various levels from Head up to Board members. This will suit a highly ambitious, driven and experienced procurement team who’s ready to take the gloves off and hit the ground running from day 1. This business, and team, have an ethos of a collaborative culture so it’s vital you enjoy the team working side of a role.
Category/sub-category exposure: Consultancy, Legal, Insurance, Tax, Consultancy and Pensions.
Role and responsibilities:
* Support the Head of Procurement in managing key stakeholder relationships.
* Advise new supplier sourcing opportunities, using market knowledge for your category.
* Continuously try to improve service or cost improvements, from short to longer term.
* Define, improve and implement category strategies, working with your key business partners.
* Minimise risk, by understanding the business needs and renegotiating contracts where appropriate.
* Look to improve processes and team policies when suitable.
* Conduct full procurement activity; drafting RFx, contract award to re-negotiations.
Experience and requirements:
* Proven experience in Professional Services procurement category experience, or corporate spend with exposure to PS.
* Worked in a complex environment, with large spending across multi-regions.
* Experience in influencing stakeholders at all levels to improve strategic procurement.
* Full end to end procurement, and all counterparts included.
* Confident and capable of managing senior business stakeholders.
* Worked in a heavy workload, fast pace and able to change with prompt demand.
* MCIPS qualification is a reference.