Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: London
Job Title: Production Editor and Researcher
Job Salary: £28000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This position represents a fantastic entry level opportunity for someone wishing to develop a career in online professional information provision within a privately owned, fast growing company. The candidate will need to have a keen interest in business and finance, an eye for detail, an interest in quality written language and presentation, excellent communication, editorial and project management skills, and a positive attitude to deliver to tight deadlines in a busy editorial environment
The Audit and Accounting (A&A) Content Manager is responsible for ensuring all A&A segment information and tools on the Croner-i Tax and Accounting information platform is up to date and fit for purpose. The A&A team has expanded significantly over recent years and now consists of a strong team of qualified chartered accountants who work with panel reviewers in accountancy firms. The A&A Content Manager and team work closely with the editorial, product, IT and client facing teams at Croner-i to innovate the way that content is delivered to maximise the value to our clients and drive sales. We also provide content to software providers.
The A&A Content Manager is looking for a candidate with a keen interest in finance, business and publishing to support the team in detailed research, updating, quality reviewing and editorial activity
Day to day responsibilities
* Perform detailed updating and editorial tasks to assist in processing the updates needed across a wide variety of A&A online Croner-i products as directed by the A&A author team.
* This could include:
* editing accounting and audit commentary products in Word or cloud-based authoring tools, including adding links and coordinating building files online;
* updating editorial notes for companies legislation, accounting and auditing standards;
* updating detailed auditing tools/programmes and checklists in Excel, including editorial amendments and formatting layout;
* checking content and improving / developing our Excel tools to strengthen our software company partnerships;
* researching published company reports and maintaining a database to help the team with their reviews and analysis;
* updating Word template letters, reports and example accounts;
* assisting with collation and repurposing of content for news, articles, social media and marketing material;
* reviewing and checking content from regulators and standard setters compared to the source files;
* driving product development and use of innovative tools and formats such as interactive flow-charts/mind-maps/e-Forms to enhance the user experience; and
* helping the team continue to transform the content from legacy print to online, which may include indexing/search/tagging improvements.
What you bring to the team
* Graduate Batchelor or Masters level – any subject
* Eye for detail as well as the ability to ‘cold’ review own work and that of others
* Strong editorial and language skills
* Excel, Word and IT skills
* Interest in business/finance/media/publishing
* Experience working in or knowledge of an accounting practice environment or the corporate accounting sector is useful but not essential
* Positive, proactive, can-do attitude
* Ability to prioritise effectively and constantly adapt to changing demands.
* Keen to help drive change and develop products
* Superb teamwork and communication skills
Why join our team?
This is a fantastic multi award-winning place to work and a friendly, highly motivated and hard-working team. This role should appeal if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of technical developments and serving customer needs. The work is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers