Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: London
Job Title: Production Editor
Job Salary: £20000 - £25000 Per Annum
This is a role for someone with excellent technical ability and an interest in working in an editorial environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with good language skills looking to move into a publishing company.
The production editor is responsible for processing content supplied to Croner-i by internal and external authors. Working closely with the Content teams, the production editor tags the content correctly and checks it thoroughly so that it can be processed efficiently through the publishing systems.
The team is looking for an individual who is confident with technology and who can adapt to manipulating content using XML-based editing software in a technical environment.
Day to day responsibilities:
* Use editing software to tag content in line with author/development editor/content manager instructions, ensuring that content can be processed correctly for online publication.
* Check content for spelling, grammar and editorial errors, adhering to the company’s house style.
* Monitor quality of published content to ensure that it has published as expected.
* Constantly review progress against schedules and prioritise work accordingly, liaising with colleagues as necessary.
* Provide regular feedback to technical editors and editorial & production manager regarding supplied content, to ensure that the editorial approach remains consistent and improvements are put in place as required.
What you bring to the team:
* Strong technical ability.
* Solid language skills with a good eye for detail.
* Ability to prioritise effectively and constantly adapt to changing demands.
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
* Superb teamwork and communication.
* Interest in editorial work and publishing.
Why join our team?
This is a great place to work and a friendly, motivated and hard-working team. This role should appeal if you are looking for a first job in publishing. The modern, central London office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.