Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: London
Job Title: Production Editor - Tax
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
My client is a leading provider of information services to tax, accounting, HR and health and safety professionals across the UK. This is a role for someone who is confident with using Microsoft and other authoring technologies, has a flair for innovation and design and is keen to work in a fast-moving and market-leading online publishing environment.
Working within the tax content team, the production editor assists the in-house tax writers in the preparation of online commentary and the creation of online tools and ensures both can be processed efficiently through the company’s publishing systems
Day to day responsibilities as a Production Editor:
* Using a wide range of software to create/improve a range of online tools (mindmaps, decision trees, calculators, etc)
* Use editing software to tag content in line with author/content manager instructions, ensuring that content can be processed correctly for online publication.
* Monitor quality of published content to ensure that it has published as expected.
* Check content for spelling, grammar and editorial errors, adhering to the company’s house style.
What you bring to the team
* Good technology skills
* Enthusiasm to experiment with new software and new features
* Creativity and an interest in design
* Confidence to push through changes
* Thoroughness and a good eye for detail
* Superb teamwork and communication
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
* Tax knowledge not essential
Why join the team?
This is a great place to work and a friendly, motivated and hard-working team. The modern, central London office is fast-paced and busy so my client is looking for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, they make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.