Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Farah Chowdhury
Job Location: London
Job Title: Reporter
Job Salary: £25000 - £28000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This reporter opportunity at Accountancy Daily, published by Croner-i, is an ideal role for someone with a journalistic qualification (a journalism graduate or graduate with post graduate journalism qualification for example) looking to launch or build upon their career, or indeed someone who may be looking to make a move from being a reporter at a local paper.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in business-to-business journalism and will be keen to work in a fast-moving sector specialising in tax, accounting, audit and pensions. They must be able to absorb complex technical information and produce news and features in an accessible writing style to reach a wide audience targeting finance teams in businesses and a cross-section of accountants and tax advisers at accounting firms.
The role will involve sourcing and writing news stories, summarising parliamentary committee hearings, reporting on major tax and Budget announcements, producing daily newsletters and managing and uploading articles to the website, including news and features, monthly updates and regular columns from commentators. They will also be responsible for social media output.
This is a fast-moving editorial environment with constant deadlines so the ideal candidate will need to be a team player with a passion for hard work.
What you bring to the team
· Strong grounding in journalism, with reporting experience
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Attention to detail and ability to follow house style
· Knowledge of using content management systems for real-time publishing
· Experience of social media to generate website traffic and source leads
· Strong research skills and ability to review lengthy technical documents and consultations
· Confident team player with strong communication skills
· Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be an advantage, but training will be provided
Fantastic working environment
The modern, central London office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers. Due to covid-19 restrictions, staff are currently working remotely.