Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Professional Practice
Contact Name: Nandini Bhatia
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Job Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our client who provide Legal Expenses and Commercial Liability protection to UK SME’s. They have recently opened their expertise to the wider market and their insurance products will continue to help businesses facing a wide range of legal disputes, including employment issues, health and safety matters and tax investigation.
They are recruiting a brand-new role in a new location, as they enter a new phase of growth and they begin to grow the team from Manchester with this role in Hinckley. It is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience working within an Insurance Risk and Compliance function. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of an effective risk management framework across the company. The role holder will help to ensure that the company’s risk management framework is robust in identifying, measuring and mitigating risks.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Engage with risk owners and the wider business to promote risk management practices and culture across the respective areas (Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Operations, and Compliance).
* Communicating, educating and advising on risk management across the company.
* Providing support and challenge to risk owners within the company on risk and control assessments.
* To assist with the maintenance of the risk register.
* Support in the management of the risk assessment process for circulation to the Executive Committee, the Risk Committee, and the Board.
* To ensure timely annual review of all risk policies in line with the agreed timetable.
* To assist with the continual assessment of the adequacy of the company’s risk policies and make recommendations for improvement.
* Support the CRO and the Risk & Compliance Manager in the reporting of risk to the relevant committees.
* To assist in the recording, monitoring and investigation of risk events / incidents.
* To collate metrics for quarterly risk reports.
* To support risk analysis in line with the Risk Framework (for example: thematic reviews; quarterly risk reviews; annual risk register reviews; updating risk appetites; and validation of the key risks the company faces.
* To update the risk sections of the Company’s key documents (SFCR, RSR, ORSA, Statutory Accounts).
* To undertake any ad-hoc duties as necessary, such as data inputting, collating information, and producing reports.
* To establish and maintain effective working relationships across the Risk & Compliance team and across the business as a whole.
* Professional qualification (such as CII or IRM), minimum part-qualified or working towards.
* Experience (at least 3years) working within an Insurance Risk and Compliance function.
* The ideal candidate will be naturally inquisitive, numerate, and analytical, with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Self-motivated and organised.
* A flexible approach with the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.