Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Sales Commercial Accountant
Job Salary: £27000 - £35000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Sales Commercial Accountant
My client is a Software provider based in the heart of Manchester, providing people solutions to over 50,000 clients worldwide.
They are currently looking for a Sales commercial accountant to complement their growth and proposed growth of the sales department.
Reporting to Head of Finance, this role is to ensure the accurate and consistent calculation of sales figures across the business, monitoring and reporting actual results against targets. This is currently done by separate teams across the business and this person will bring all the reporting into centralised, consolidated reports.
* Reporting and reconciling new business, ensuring declared deals are aligned to company policies and procedures.
* Working closely with the sales team, providing greater insight around the key elements of contract sales including lead channels, pricing, discounting, product mix, and sales commissions.
* Help the business make the best decisions about pricing, product costing and sales strategy.
* Provide up-to-date reporting of sales performance throughout the month, quarter and YTD.
* Ensure sales data architecture is well designed, maintained, and scalable in order to regularly determine and set commission rate entitlement and monitor results against targets at both sales team and individual levels.
* Ensure data reconciliation procedures are rigorously maintained and developed between the Salesforce and Contract databases.
* Provide insight, analysis and reporting around the following areas: Lead conversion rates and costs. Cost of acquisition and product/sector mix. Pricing and discounting at individual levels and team. Commissions’ analysis at individual levels and team.
* Work closely with the Sales management team to ensure a strong two-way communication process is implemented and effective.
* Contribute to the setting of sales budgets and forecasts, driving revenue and commission calculations.
* Be an effective member of the Contract Authorisation and Commercial Review team.
* Ensure reconciliation procedures operate effectively, ensuring the accuracy of commission and bonus payments.
* Strong accountancy and analytical skills
* Commercially driven.
* Have a recognised accountancy qualification or be part qualified – CIMA or ACCA
* Strong analytical skills.
* Have strong Excel skills – V-lookups and Pivot Tables (Macros would be advantageous)
* Previous experience with Salesforce would be advantageous
* Possess strong communication skills – develop positive working relationships within the finance function and sales teams including challenging sales team and managing up
* Study Support – if part qual
* 25 days holiday + profit pay scheme & healthcare after 5 years’ service.
* An additional 2 days holiday after 2 years of service taking holiday entitlement to 27 days
* An additional 1 day holiday after 5 years of service taking holiday entitlement to 28 days
* Christmas Bonus (1 weeks’ salary) to be paid to employees after 3 years of employment (parameters for qualification will be provided)
* A discount and perk scheme for staff members will be introduced (more details to follow)
* Free breakfast every Monday and free fruit, tea and coffee during the week.
* Birthdays off work (parameters to be provided for when holidays fall on the weekend or bank holidays)