Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior BI Developer
Job Salary: £45000 - £60000 Per Annum
Peninsula are hiring a Senior BI Developer to join our established BI team and work on a variety of projects. Your role will be to support the BI team with end to end projects & the continuous maintenance of the current BI estate. As a Senior BI developer, you will have the opportunity to pick up new skills working with other development teams as well as help train & mentor junior members of the team.
The Senior BI Developer will work on a range of BI technologies such as SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS & Power BI. You will work closely with stakeholders to ensure requirements are gathered and translated into robust BI solutions. You will also support the team in migrating legacy reporting across to the new Power BI report server and suggest improvements on how we can adhere to best practice standard.
The key responsibilities of this job include:
* To design, develop and maintain complex and bespoke Business Intelligence / Data Integration solutions.
* Able to translate business requirements into technical tasks.
* To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing creative solutions or new technologies to support the department and the wider group of companies.
* To work within schedules and deadlines to agreed business priorities.
* Identify on-going improvements to existing business intelligence systems and deliver scalable solutions.
* To provide support to end-users as required both in developed solutions & across existing technical content.
* Work closely with the wider ICT team to recommend and agree technological solutions to meet business requirements.
* To aid colleagues across the business in effective interpretation of data.
* Maintenance & Creation of support documentation.
* Documentation of Data Warehouse data structures and meta-data.
* Solid understanding of B.I. products as well as ETL/ELT processes being used for any DW Architecture.
What you Bring to the Team
* You are an experienced BI and Reporting professional with a good understanding of SQL scripting and stored procedures (preferably supported by accredited training) gained in a BI and reporting development environment.
* Experienced in designing BI solutions on the BI SQL Service Stack (e.g. SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) for use with MS SharePoint, Power BI or similar technologies.
* You have experience in dimensional warehousing and ETL.
* You have excellent data cleansing, quality, profiling, modelling, integration skills.
* You can demonstrate a good understanding of database architecture and database design.
* You work collaboratively with those around you proactively building exceptional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders – you are equally able to shape the decisions with well-informed views.
* Knowledge of Kimball Methodologies: Star and Snowflakes DW design principles – Desirable.
* Knowledge of cubes as well as Tabular Dimensional Design model – Desirable.
What we can offer you
* Flexible working available.
* Fantastic workplace in Manchester city centre.
* Working with talented people with opportunities to always learn.
* Dynamic fast paced environment.
* Commercially driven and successful.
* No boundaries to development.