Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Claims Consultant
Job Salary: £25000 - £28000 Per Annum
Irwell Insurance Company Ltd was established in 1994 and provides Legal Expenses and General Liability Insurance products to its intermediary business partners, Brokers and MGAs. Irwell has developed into a B++ secure rated Insurer and will soon be launching its first Combined Liability insurance product offering to the Commercial SME sector. This is a wonderful opportunity to join our busy insurance claims team and to work in a fast-growing company environment in the role of Senior Claims Consultant. Irwell has an ambitious growth strategy, so this role has clear scope for development as the business continues to evolve.
* Working within our insurance claims team the successful candidate will process, review and manage insurance claims from notification to closure.
* Primarily the claims to be dealt with would be Employment Tribunal Legal Expense claims however, the role will in time expand to deal with additional products.
* We are looking for a highly motivated, professional individual to ensure we deliver a first-class claim handling service to our policyholders.
* The role will be responsible for ensuring that claims are handled efficiently, making decisions on the extent and validity of insurance claims and ensuring that payments for valid claims are made to our policyholders.
* The successful candidate will be a great team player with a collaborative attitude and have the ability to communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships both internally and with our policyholders.
* They will possess excellent working knowledge of employment law to ensure that employment tribunal claims are handled efficiently and make decisions on the extent and validity of claims. Excellent attention to detail and confident decision-making ability is needed in order to do the job well.
* The role is based in our Manchester Office, reporting to our Claims Team Leader and working closely with our experienced team of Claims Consultants.
* Previous experience in handling Legal Expenses and/or Liability insurance claims would be advantageous but not essential as training will be given.
* Processing new insurance claims notifications.
* Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with insurance claims.
* Reviewing tribunal papers against detailed logs of advice given to Respondents.
* Analysing claims made by our policyholders and determining policy coverage.
* Liaising with clients and ensure all claims are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
* Monitoring the progress of claims and ensuring prompt settlement (of valid claims) and closure of claims.
* Ensuring the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
* Ensure that all claims related intelligence is recorded accurately.
What you Bring to the Team
* A good working knowledge of Employment Law.
* Customer service skills.
* Negotiation and decision-making skills.
* Communication skills and a confident disposition when dealing with people, often in difficult circumstances.
* Organisational and time management skills.
* Good numeracy and literacy skill.
* Interpersonal Skills.
* Discernment and ability to assess a situation objectively.
* Attention to detail and sound report-writing skills.