Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
* Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments.
* Maintaining contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
* Effectively dealing with customer account queries/complaints, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
* Ensuring all queries are logged and followed up.
* Assist with the setup of new accounts ensuring satisfactory credit references are obtained.
* Check new customers credit ratings with credit insurers.
* Starting legal proceeding if debts are not paid within the agreed time.
* Liaising with debt collectors and external legal team where necessary.
* Preparation of ageing reports and other analysis.
* Assist the Credit Control Manager with ad hoc duties.
* BA degree and CICM graduate (or equivalent level of experience).
* Minimum of 5 years of industry experience is preferable in credit control.
* Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
* Competency with large ERP systems
* Solid knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc).
* Ability to communicate with colleagues and external people at all levels of seniority.
* To be a trustworthy, reliable, team player who is able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.