Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £32000 - £36000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a specialist organisation who have a strong foothold in the telecommunications sector. This is an opportunity for a Senior Credit Controller to continue working within a challenging but rewarding sector or an established Credit Controller to step up into a more senior role. Most importantly, my client is looking for individuals who have dealt with large blue-chip corporate clients and have come from a more analytical background as opposed to straight Credit Control and collections.
* Take ownership of a portfolio of key customers with the purpose of maximising the debtor cash collection
* Work on reducing overdue debt whilst minimising any risk of late payment and bad debt.
* Business partner with a number of different departments and senior heads within the wider organisation.
* Mentor other junior members of staff within Credit Control and finance where necessary to build strong internal working relationships.
* Work closely with key sales representatives to support the financial objectives to maximise performance of the working capital, reduce and maintain overdue debt at acceptable levels and minimise each business unit bad debt and provisions.
* Take full and active ownership, providing subject matter expertise of ad hoc projects as & when required
* Actively participate in regular team meetings, providing examples, suggestions and general insight to rest of the team.
* Manage the full collection cycle including payment plans, dispute management and ensuring customer accounts are fully reconciled
* Ensure cash collection targets are met daily and reduce overdue debt
* Work with cross functions and key account managers within the business to ensure invoice disputes are proactively recorded and resolved in a timely manner
* Provide team and business with direct contact point for key customers
* Ensure all activities are performed, including reporting and business reviews in line with service level agreements and the month end timetable
* Ensure contact is kept with key account managers and cross functions to review debtors and disputes, keeping all parties informed of initiatives, issues as well as progress
* Provide insight and recommendations for customers within the debtor portfolio, to support the credit assessment process.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
* 3+ years’ Credit Control or other relevant operational experience, ideally with a large international B2B corporation or equivalent
* Experience of managing high value key customers
* Actively studying towards CICM or alternative relevant qualification would be desired
* Working knowledge of SAP, Oracle or similar ERP systems would be beneficial
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft excel (advanced) including Vlookups & Pivot Tables
* Must have experience in dealing with large, complex data sets
* Excellent customer and cross functional engagement skills, influencing at all levels to achieve goals
* Energetic approach and passion for delivering quality results supporting the Credit & Collection functions overall performance.
* Demonstrable proven track record in collection or other finance support functions.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite i.e. advanced excel, power point etc.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please apply with an updated copy of your CV.