Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Job Salary: £45000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the InfoSec team working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud based services. You will work collaboratively with the business and wider IT team (Infrastructure, Network, Development, DevOps and Service Desk) to provide governance and security for existing and new services.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The purpose of this role is to provide technical leadership to the Information Cyber Security Team and to support the InfoSec Manager to ensure that the business is protected against cyber security threats and that data is kept secure at all times. This will mean proactive planning, rapid responses to all security threats and incidents and serving as an escalation point for the other members of the team. The team currently has responsibility for all sites in the UK and Ireland with advisory responsibility for international sites in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the InfoSec Manager and Group Head of IT Service Delivery UKI are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner
* You will be analysing security events, identifying issues, and recommending solutions
* Keeping up-to-date with current threats, technologies and solutions
* You will also be working with our Infrastructure, Network, Service Desk and Development teams to provide leadership and expertise in the field of information and cyber security best practices.
* You will understand the concept of layered security and bring experience in regard to vulnerability scanning and threat hunting.
* You will have proven experience with security investigations, including responding to incidents involving malware, data loss, or network intrusion.
* Work closely with the information security manager and wider business to develop and improve the current security strategies and processes
* Provide technical leadership for all security systems and tools, especially SIEM, DLP and Endpoint Protection technologies
* Lead security investigations and improve monitoring/reporting processes and security incident alerting
* Research security solutions and develop new and existing SOC processes for this rapidly changing landscape
* Assist with projects involving penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
* Develop and maintain our security procedures and update standards and documentation
* Assist the InfoSec manager to ensure adherence to ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation.
* Lead Security investigations, including responding to incidents involving malware, data loss, or network intrusion
* Have a thorough knowledge of all key infrastructure including ADS, DNS, email security, endpoint security and virtualization technologies.
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* Identify opportunities for automation and on-going improvements to existing services.
* Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Proactively monitor IT services
* Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
The successful Senior Cyber Security Analyst should have solid experience in most of the following:
* SIEM solutions such as LogRhythm
* Endpoint Protection services such as SentinelOne
* Mimecast and Office 365
* Data Loss Prevention tools such as Digital Guardian
* Have a strong knowledge in public and private cloud environments such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
* Understanding of GDPR, data protection and information governance.
* Currently be working with one of the following standards: ISO27001 or PCI-DSS
* Have earned a degree in a computer related subject or equivalent experience in Cyber Security
* ITIL experience.
* Third Line Support experience.
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be reliable
* Able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* Be passionate about data and cyber security
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £50k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?