Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Salary: £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Infrastructure team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud based services. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Head of IT Service Delivery are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s cloud based IT systems
* You will build and configure tools that automate the deployment, management and monitoring of Cloud services and for delivering safe, robust and reliable solutions.
* Work alongside development teams from project initiation to deployment & end of life
* Work with project managers, providing technical forecasts for development and ensure that all project milestones are met
* Document best practice guidance and support service transitioning to the operations teams
* To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses.
* Project experience – managed or played major role in large projects
* Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Proactively monitor IT services
* Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
The Successful candidate must have:
* Experience with supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures
* Experience with Cloud services (Azure, AWS)
* Experience of migrating on premise services to cloud
* Experience liaising with 3rd party vendors
* Experience with reducing or removing bottlenecks and inefficiencies in applications or services
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* ITIL experience.
* Well organised and motivated by improvements and have a passion for technology!
* In depth Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting experience
* Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019
* Microsoft Active Directory Services and associated technologies – GPOs/DNS/DHCP/Powershell
* Virtualisation Technologies including VMware and Hyper-V in a clustered environment
* Experience and understanding of Disaster Recovery and BCP
* Working knowledge – Networking and Security
* Load Balancing / traffic management
* Web services
* Experience with IaaS, PaaS, Automation
* San Storage
* Experience with performance optimization
* HP Server hardware, NetApp and Nimble SANs
* Azure Active Directory
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Basic salary up to £45k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click on the link to apply today.