Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Local Government
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Cheshire
Job Title: Senior Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £23000 - £26000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are currently working with a public sector organisation in Cheshire, they currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Officer to join their team. You will be responsible for the delivery of the end to end payroll service in line with SLA’s and KPI’s
* All aspects of the end to end payroll function:
* BACS payments.
* RTI information.
* Statutory requirements for NI, Tax and Statutory Pay (SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP).
* Supervise the Payroll Assistants.
* Maintain relationships with 3rd party service providers.
* Liaise with pension providers with regard to pension entitlements.
* Ability to step up in managers absence.
* Year End Transactions, including Inland Revenue Forms such as P60’s, P14’s and P11d’s.
* Reporting to HMRC and Pension providers.
* Assist with systems testing.
Skills and attributes:
* CIPP or payroll experience equal to this level of qualification OR Experience in payroll or HR supported by a Payroll background.
* Significant experience of working within a payroll function preferably in a shared service environment.
* Supervisory skills.
* Good working knowledge of payroll, tax, pension and employment law.
* Ability to analyse data.
* Ability to work under pressure and organise work effectively to meet deadlines.
* Competent using IT and payroll software.
* Need End to end and Manual calculations.
* Up to date on legislation.
* Experience using Oracle Fusion or Oracle EBS.
* Understanding of public sector pay and pensions.
* Excellent public sector benefits.
* Onsite parking.
* Flexible working.