Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Job Salary: £55000 - £60000 Per Annum
Peninsula are hiring a Senior Software Developer to be a key member of the software development team, developing features for new and existing software applications. As a Senior Developer you will help train and mentor other members of the team whilst also having the opportunity to learn new skills.
You will be part of a software development team comprising of other Developers, Business Analysts, QA’s and Architects.
Your role will be to develop solutions based on business requirements working in an agile environment. As a Senior member
of the development team, your role will include mentoring other developers and suggesting best practices as part of code reviews
or general discussion. The role encourages collaboration in sharing your ideas to help deliver robust solutions and the
opportunity to develop using the latest technologies. There is also the opportunity to be involved in lunch and learn sessions as
well as access to Pluralsight and O’Reilly books for self-study.
· C# .Net core development
· RESTful API development
· Azure Serverless development
· Using Unit test frameworks
· Managing Messaging Queues (Azure Service Bus)
· Database development and maintenance (MS SQL)
· Complex software design and implementation
· Continuous Integration build tools and scripting (Jenkins or Azure DevOps)
· Managing source control and updating associated work tickets
· Involvement in SCRUM sessions including daily stand ups, sprint planning and retros/sprint reviews
· Mentoring other members of the team and contributing to code reviews
· Contributing to technical discussions and working closely with other teams in the section
What you Bring to the Team
· Computer Science degree or equivalent qualification
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial environment
· Experience of working in an agile environment
· Self-motivated and are happy being the go-to member of the team
· Thrives in a supportive and friendly working environment and with a desire to share new innovative ideas and skills
· Have a passion for Technology!