Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Technical Case Manager
Job Salary: £25000 - £35000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our client who provide Legal Expenses and General Liability insurance products to its intermediary business partners, brokers and MGAs. They have developed into a BBB secure rated insurer and will soon be launching its first Combined Liability insurance product offering to the Commercial SME sector.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a busy insurance claims team at a very exciting time for a fast-growing company. The role has clear scope for development as the business continues to evolve. The successful candidate will process, review and manage Employment Tribunal claims from notification to closure, as well as supporting, coaching and mentoring junior claim consultants.
We are looking for a professional, highly motivated individual who can ensure a first-class claims handling service is provided to their clients and can ensure that claims are handled efficiently. The role will also require you to make confident decisions on the extent and validity of insurance claims, ensuring accurate claim reserving, and ensuring that payments for valid claims are made to their policyholders on time.
Excellent working knowledge of Employment Law is essential to this role, as well as a high attention to detail and a confident decision-making ability. You must be a great team player with a collaborative attitude and can communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships, both internally and with policy holders. You will also have experience of mentoring and coaching, as you will be responsible for day-to-day coaching, taking technical referrals, providing training where required, completing quality audits, giving feedback and supporting the Team Leader with training and career plans.
Responsibilities as a Senior Technical Case Manager:
* Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with insurance claims
* Reviewing tribunal papers against detailed logs of advice given to Respondents
* Analysing claims made by our policyholders and determining policy coverage and suitable award reserving
* Liaising with clients and ensure all claims are handled in a timely and efficient manner
* Monitoring the progress of claims and ensuring prompt settlement (of valid claims) and closure of claims
* Ensuring the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
* Ensure that all claim’s related intelligence is recorded accurately
* Review and authorise / reject where appropriate payments raised by colleagues
* Complete monthly quality audits on closed/open files, as well as phone and other ad hoc audits as requested with your manager before providing technical feedback and coaching based on the results.
* Raising individual or Team trends with the Manager for action.
* Supporting Claims Consultants with technical, career and personal development.
Person Specification as a Senior Technical Case Manager:
* A good working knowledge of Employment Law and Tribunal processes
* Customer service skills
* Negotiation and confident decision-making skills
* Communication skills and a confident disposition when dealing with people, often in difficult circumstances
* Organisational and time management skills, as you will have your own work as well as be relied upon by those who refer to you.
* Good numeracy and literacy skill
* Interpersonal skills and an excellent team player
* Discernment and ability to assess a situation objectively
* Attention to detail and sound report-writing skills
* Ability to effectively assess junior consultants’ training needs and work collaboratively to fill knowledge gaps
* An ability to objectively audit others’ work and the confidence to deliver constructive feedback where required
* Ability to design and confidently deliver required training to groups / 121
* A positive, enthusiastic, and agile individual who juniors can rely on