Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Telecoms Engineer
Job Salary: £30000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Telecommunications team working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current Telecoms infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud-based services. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team to support existing services and deliver new ones.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward-thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Telecommunications Manager and Head of IT Service Delivery are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
* Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s Telecommunications services
* To be a key member of the cloud telephony project team
* To provide billing support regarding our 3rd party suppliers.
* Resolving telecommunications-related faults quickly and efficiently.
* Updating the knowledge base.
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* To be proactive in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses.
* Identify ongoing improvements to existing business systems
* To work within SLA and KPI targets to agreed business priorities.
* Setting up and configuring new phones, lines and queues and strategies.
* Administration of key Telecommunications services
* Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Proactively monitor Telecommunication services
* Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
* Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers and equipment
The Successful Telecommunications Engineer must have:
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* RingCentral / cloud telephony experience
* ITIL experience.
* Experience in 1st and 2nd line support.
* Experience with supporting customers over the phone and in person.
* Experience in ticket management.
* More than 5 years experience in the telecommunications field
* Experience in billing and NGN platform management.
* Experience in PBX SIP VOIP support and implementation.
* Patching of network and phones.
* Undertaking small to medium-sized IT moves and projects.
* Be passionate about technology and telecommunications
* Atos products (OSV / OSCC/ Xpressions / DLS) experience
* BT billing analyst experience
* BT architect/Lite control experience
* SIP exposure, integration and migration
* Team leader/coach experience
* Workforce planning/contact centre background
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high-quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and of high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £35k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click on the link to apply today