Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: SQL Data Analyst
Job Salary: £35000 - £40000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for a SQL Data Analyst to add to their team! The leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, who provide a service to 28,000 Client’s daily business operations are on the hunt. As a SQL Data Analyst, you’ll be establishing high Data Quality measures for the Business. You’ll implement best practice, industry standard methodologies in Report Data Quality. You will also make sure data flowing from source systems to the data warehouse is correct and can be trusted once used by the end users in multiple Peninsula Business Reports.
* Aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload.
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach.
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service.
The key responsibilities as a SQL Data Analyst:
* Profile and curate Data.
* Establish Data Quality measures by using TSQL stored procedures.
* Work with business users to capture BI requirements and document them as report/dashboard specifications.
* Use Current Automated processes ETL (SSIS) to extract data from primary and secondary data sources.
* Remove corrupted data and fix code errors and related report issues.
* Perform Data Quality, analyse and assess data and its meaning to end users.
* Filter Data by reviewing current reports and performance indicators to identify report issues and code problem.
* Identify report issues and perform root cause analysis and come up with robust solutions.
* Filter Data through using current reports and performance indicators.
* Analyse complex report issues and simplify the solutions.
* Work closely with B.I Developers to identify process improvements opportunities.
* Propose SSRS Report process changes where necessary.
* Prepare Data extract for stakeholders making sure they fully understand the data analysis steps thereby enabling them to make important decisions based on facts and trends from the data.
What you Bring to the Team
* Hands-on experience of working with SSRS and SSIS
* Hand-on experience in Debugging SSRS Report Issues: Crucial
* Timescale adherence in SSRS Report issue resolutions
* TSQL experience.
* Experience of working within a BI and Reporting environment.
* Knowledge of industry standards and best practices in report and dashboard development.
* Hands-on experience of querying and working with SQL Server databases.
* A team player who can work effectively as part of the BI team and collaborate with wider IT team.
* Strong communication skills