Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: SQL DBA
Job Salary: £45000 - £50000 Per Annum
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to over 40,000 clients’ daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department working as part of the Database Administration function based in our dynamic and fast-paced Manchester Head Office.
The SQL DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload.
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach.
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service.
The key objectives of the role are:
* Configure, manage & maintain SQL Servers across multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Support the development and delivery of SQL databases, SSIS packages, and other related processes, including performance testing, refactoring, and optimisation, across all environments.
* Contribute to the upgrade and modernisation programme of works, delivering Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Compliance, and ensuring best practices in SQL systems.
* Monitor system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Regular updates on progress and notifying of any major problems and/or issues in a timely manner.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to team members and the wider ICT Department.
* Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets from the Service Desk and other support functions such as BI and Development.
* Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Provide 24/7 support on a rota basis for critical production systems.
The Successful SQL DBA will have:
* Extensive experience in SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016.
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
* Experience of backup / restore, upgrade, and migration.
* Experience of Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Passion for technology.
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
* Knowledge & experience of SQL Azure and other cloud solutions.
* Knowledge & experience of SSIS and SSRS.
* Experience of Service Desk ticketing systems.
What you bring to the Team:
* Positive outlook, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
* Dedication to high-quality delivery within any deadlines.
* Strength in applying both tactical and strategic solutions to meet short- and longer-term requirements.
* Able to communicate complex concepts, options, and recommendations to technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels.
What we can offer you:
* Flexible working available.
* Fantastic workplace in Manchester city centre.
* Working with talented people with opportunities to always learn.
* Dynamic fast paced environment.
* Commercially driven and successful.
* No boundaries to personal development.
Contributing to a major project of modernisation, taking responsibility for production systems for the leading company in its field, and delivering improvements to every aspect of the SQL remit, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click on the link to apply today.