Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: Scotland
Job Title: Tax Advisor
Job Salary: £42,000 - £47,500 Per Annum
Our client, a multi-award-winning Business Consultancy, is looking for a VIP VAT Advisor to join their large & growing team of 50+ Advisors and Consultants. The VIP team support a portfolio of accountancy firms ranging from Sole Practitioners to Top 100 practices by providing a telephone consultancy service on all aspects of VAT.
This position has the option of being fully remote or hybrid. Mon – Fri | 8:45am – 5:15pm
This role provides the opportunity to share your VAT expertise providing critical technical advice & guidance to ensure that businesses stay compliant and meet their legal obligations. Every day you will be met with new queries and challenges and will be expected to manage each case to a resolution. The team is highly respected and valued by their loyal clients’ and they expect each team member to deliver a 5* VIP service reflective of their drive to become a centre of excellence for technical advice.
To support our clients, who are firms of accountants ranging from Sole Practitioners to Top 100 practices, by providing a telephone consultancy service on all aspects of VAT.
We’re looking for a VAT professional to join our existing team of over 30 advisors and consultants. The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in general VAT from working in practice, industry or HMRC. You will hold a recognised professional qualification, or the equivalent gained by experience. You will work within a supportive team environment with the opportunity to generate consultancy and referrals for the business. No overtime! No timesheets!
Day-to-Day Responsibilities as a Tax Advisor:
* Responsible for the provision of high-quality technical telephone VAT advice
* Establishing the full facts, researching where appropriate and communicating a full answer, with reference to the appropriate legislation
* Maintaining a strong working knowledge in respect of all areas of VAT, including keeping up to date with the appropriate legislation and developments in case law
* Generating more in-depth VAT investigation and consultancy referrals
* Identifying business development opportunities in order to grow the consultancy client base and provide additional consultancy services
* Any other duties that are deemed appropriate from time to time in line with the job summary
As a VAT professional, you’ll require relevant experience in general VAT from working in practice, industry or HMRC and will hold a recognised professional qualification or the equivalent gained by experience.
In return, the business offers a comprehensive benefits package including development opportunities with access to CPD and professional qualifications.
You will also receive:
* Profit Share Scheme
* Offices Based in the heart of Manchester
* 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays (Increases with service)
* Day off on your Birthday
* PerkBox Discounts
* Christmas Bonus after 3 years
* Social Events Throughout Year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Health Insurance after 5 years