Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Telecoms Manager
Job Salary: £55000 - £65000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for a Telecoms Manager to add to their team. The leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, who provide a service to 28,000 Client’s daily business operations are on the hunt! The Group Telecoms Manager is responsible for working with all departments and businesses throughout the group. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Due to the nature of this role, several years’ experience would be needed to help support the department.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Associate Director – IT Services UKI is kept informed on progress and is alerted about major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
* Work in partnership with colleagues and project team to migrate the on-premise telephony platform to a cloud based service
* To maintain the continuous running of circa 1,300 non geographical delivery numbers across several call delivery and call management platforms
* Vendor management of key Telephony providers including mobile service, on-premise and cloud services.
* To provide critical incident management response and ownership, controlling and coordinating necessary activities to restore service and deliver root cause fixes and preventative solutions
* Telecoms budget and licence management.
* Identify, analyse and document business processes & workflows to identify opportunities for streamlining and improvements.
* Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
* Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
* To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses.
* Proactively monitor Telecommunication services
* Supervise and mentor a team of 4 engineers
* Day to day team management, performance management – including training and development.
* Staff recruitment and appraisals
* Resolution of escalated issues and problems from the Service Desk
The Successful Telecommunications Engineer must have:
* On premise telecoms to cloud based migration experience
* On premise PBX, contact centre and cloud telephony experience
* More than 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications field
* Experience liaising with 3rd party vendors
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Experience in telecoms billing and implementing cost centres
* Experience in PBX SIP VoIP support and implementation.
* Be passionate about technology and telecommunications
* ITIL experience
* RingCentral, Mitel, Microsoft Phone System (O365 / Teams)
* Atos products (OSV / OSCC/ Xpressions / DLS) experience
* BT billing analyst experience
* BT architect/Lite control experience
* Experience in call recording (Nice/Verint/MVR)
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £65k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6 month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Bupa private health care
* Car allowance and car parking space
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?