Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Carla Hunt
Job Location: Gloucestershire
Job Title: Trainee Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £18000 - £22000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our client is looking to recruit a trainee payroll administrator to join their successful accountancy practice in the Gloucester area. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in payroll or a junior candidate that is looking to progress in their career.
* Processing payroll from client information/client data systems for a variety of pay frequencies.
* Building and maintaining good relationships with clients, liaising on payroll and any other related queries.
* Providing support to other departments within the company on client payroll and PAYE matters.
* Data handling for clients and preparing reports and documentation.
* Submitting routine reports to clients’ pension providers.
* Dealing with ad-hoc queries, internally and externally (HMRC etc.).
* You will report to the Payroll Manager
* Working within a team to cover payroll colleagues in line with business requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Have at least 1 year experience in a PAYE/Office/Admin role.
* Have strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
* Have knowledge of BrightPay (desirable but not essential as training will be provided).
* Be comfortable communicating effectively & proactively with clients. You’ll know when to pick up the phone, offer a Zoom or just to say, ‘Hi, how are you?’
* Be able to prioritize your own workload and meet deadlines.
* Be organized and methodical.
* Be adaptive and able to learn quickly, with an interest in new technology / cloud software.
This role is office based with the option to WFH once a week, core hours are 10am-4pm and there are flexible hours around this. You will be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday.