Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Umbrella Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £23000 - £27000 Per Annum
My client is a well-established Accountancy firm. Based in a friendly and supportive team near Salford you will be working on a specialist Contractors Division. Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Senior to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly and monthly payroll. You will offer support to freelancers running their own Limited Companies, self-employed Sole Traders and Contractors choosing to work on an Umbrella basis.
Responsibilities and requirements:
* Receiving invoices/remittances from client organisations.
* Reviewing expenses and processing the weekly payroll, ensuring all figures balance.
* Dealing with timesheet/invoice/pay queries.
* Processing new starters & leavers.
* Dealing with all aspects of statutory payments and deductions.
* Processing information for external third parties, such as Child Support Agency and DWP.
* Advising employees on PAYE and NIC matters.
* Manual Tax and NI Calculations.
* Processing payments by BACS.
* Producing and analysing reports.
* Checking and approving payments before sending to the bank.
* Reconciliation of payrolls.
Desirable skills and attributes:
* High volume payroll experience – 1,000 plus employees per week.
* Payroll bureau experience using payroll software.
* Up to date knowledge of PAYE rules / Auto-enrolment pension.
* Good administration, planning, organising and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
* Comfortable working to tight deadlines and able to use own initiative.
* High level of customer service orientation and ability to deal with people at all levels.
* Good computer skills, including the ability to operate excel spreadsheets and word documents at a proficient level.
* Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
* Salary: Competitive salary, dependant on experience.
* Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension and other benefit schemes.