Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Media/Advertising/Publishing
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: UX Designer
Job Salary: £38000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
To provide creative flair, strong visual design and a superb understanding of digital design standards and trends, in order to provide graphic designs to the user experience team, marketing and software development teams.
Providing input to significant graphic design considerations for the product and ensuring the graphic design is consistent between product and marketing so directly influencing the success of the product
Head of UX
Internal and External Relationships
UI Developers, Software Engineers, Marketing, Product Owners, UX and Design team
Other Contextual Information / Special Features
Due to changes in how our internal Marketing team are costing and sourcing their agency needs, and with the increase in design/artwork we service, we require a more senior presence in the team; namely a Middleweight Designer. The role will act as the POC for all Design & Artwork, including line management responsibilities for the newly hired Junior Digital Designer.
This role will be heavily involved in offering typical creative agency services; researching and delivering pitches where appropriate, leading on the design of campaigns, as well as getting one’s hands dirty with some of the day to day lifting.
There is also an opportunity in the role to explore the current service offering, and upskill in relevant areas that we are currently weak on (motion graphics, animation, video production, etc). Support is available in order to improve this. We’re looking for a creative leader. Strong when delivering their message, responsive and resilient to critique and open to collaboration with our different business functions to achieve the best outcome.
* Able to produce high quality graphic design outputs with limited information by engaging with the consumers and understand their needs and applying creative flair, current standards and industry trends
* Superb time-management skills, able to work to fixed time deadlines and alter the depth of the output to meet them.
* Review others designs in a constructive and positive fashion.
* Extensive experience of the Adobe design suite.
* Deliver Campaign, Creative and Artworking services to our internal clients to a high standard.
* Line management responsibilities for the Junior Digital Designer role
* Experience of both online & offline graphic design with an appreciation of web standards
* Understand of how websites, emails and campaign materials are designed to be coherent as a set and how tone of voice may vary through medium and product feature
* Act as internal design agency providing consultancy, ideas and design artifacts to marketing and the software delivery teams.
* Nurture and strengthen relationships with our various clients across both Bright and the Peninsula Group, as well as external partnerships; be it from collaboration or production point of view
* Explore new techniques and production methods with the intent of strengthening the Design Team offering
* Liaise with our in-house UX and Commercial team when working across projects, collaborating and using their knowledge to strengthen our core messages.