Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: London
Job Title: UX / UI Designer
Job Salary: £45000 - £55000 Per Annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for a UX / UI to join our client, the leading provider of online information services in HR, Tax and Accounting, Health and Safety and Compliance and the winner of the Feefo Platinum Service Award 2021. They are a well-established, growing business that are excited to expand the team.
Are you an experienced and talented User Experience Designer with the ability and vision to deliver market-leading experiences? If so, this new UX Designer job could be just the one for you. My client is seeking an experienced UX/UI Designer to join the design team and contribute to the delivery of our digital products and services. This role will work closely with our product owners and stakeholders to help develop a best-in-class user experience for our products.
A typical day as a UX Deisnger might include:
* Collaborating with product, agile delivery teams and partners to clarify the problem trying to be solved, defining requirements, and delivering innovative solutions through a User-Centred Design approach.
* Contributing and identifying opportunities for improvements to the user experience and visual design on projects across the full range of products and platforms
* Providing detailed plans of UX work required for a project.
* Collaborating with user research and business analysis, to develop the vision on the project and use conceptual prototyping – be it on paper or other tools to iterate your ideas
* Designing and implementing an information architecture that delivers a superb user experience
* Delivering wireframes and high-fidelity design solutions, prioritised in communication with the business and Product Owner
* Interpreting user insights, map user journeys, create wireframes, design interfaces and prototypes
* Identifying user needs and pain points from data and research and feed insights into the designs
* Developing and maintaining a design system, interaction patterns and specifications, helping to implement well designed and validated components.
* Conducting usability studies and interacting with end users/clients pre and post release
* Explore and map user needs through audience analysis, user narratives and process flow diagrams, to maintain a user centered and evidence-based approach.
* Create user personas and empathy maps to help inform ideas through research testing and team sessions
* Contributing to planning and facilitating co-design workshops, capturing design decisions, user journey mapping and design inputs
* Produce detailed UX deliverables including user journeys, site maps, sketches, low and high-fidelity wireframes, other UX process documentation and build simple interactive prototypes to inform the final solution
* Make complex information understandable and present your findings in documents in person to a range of stakeholders at all levels
* Run effective and engaging workshops
* Understanding of different web and mobile platforms and how user experience and design are specific to the platform
* A good understanding of user research and user testing methods, with the ability to use the outcomes of these methods as well as the ability to carry out or recommend when to use these methods.
* Some experience with content heavy websites/products, Information as a Service (nice to have)
UI Design Skills:
* Design the final UI outcomes of website and app solutions, attention to detail is paramount to improve the overall quality of the user experience through design, information presentation and flow
* Make complex information understandable and formulate designs that are engaging, attractive and user friendly
* Understand and work within the brand identity guidelines and harness the limitations and opportunities of each platform being designed for e.g., responsive websites and apps
* Document UI style guides and components, build / maintain a design system to ensure consistency across all platforms
* Regularly present final ideas and solutions to key stakeholders, talking through whole customer journey and design decisions
Tech Stack Used:
Adobe Creative Suite including XD, Figma, Drupal knowledge would be nice to have but not essential.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a skilled end to end UX/UI Designer who has a portfolio that displays examples of working from concept through to wireframes, user journeys, prototyping and finished product. You will have a great eye for detail, be confident in your designs and be able to communicate great design and innovations to stakeholders.
This role requires a talented person who can work within a cross-functional team and demonstrate experience of both designing and delivering a digital product. However, we hire based on attitude over traditional skills and experience so if you feel you are right for the job, we would love to hear from you! More than anything, we are looking for a team player who puts their heart into their work. We’ve got some core values that run through everything we do, and we would love it if they resonate with you too!