Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: England
Job Title: VAT Advisory Lead
Job Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This is a wonderful opportunity to help lead and support a busy telephone and email advice team supporting firms of accountants with VAT advice!
Reporting to the Head of Advice and working alongside the senior management team this is a real opportunity to enhance and develop our services. It is on a strong growth trajectory signing at least £2m of new contracts each month and with customers in over 5,000 firms of accountants ranging from sole practitioners to top 100 firms. Across the business there are around 70 tax professionals including a strong VAT team. Want to join the journey?
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Line management and coaching of the VAT advice team
* Delivering top-quality super service across our advice lines – including call reviews
* Resource planning and recruitment support
* Liaising with other senior managers across the business, particularly the content team and product team to identify opportunities
* Supporting colleagues and providing reviews and second opinions where required
* Maintaining a strong working knowledge of VAT legislation and developments
* Assisting with the advice service
* Assisting with responding to customer requests via e-mail or formal written report
* Liaising with customers to understand their requirements
* Using the online portal system and workflows, including ‘booking’ of hours against the customers’ consultancy bank etc, to control the workflow and enhance the customer experience.
What you Bring to the Team
* Relevant experience and qualifications
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment and above all get things done – a can do attitude
* Ability to mentor, coach and develop the team
* Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
* Effectively manage and motivate the team, with a can-do positive attitude
* Possess strong communication skills
* A collaborative approach with clients, managers and across the team
* Attention to detail, customer service and working to delivery deadlines
* A willingness to contribute towards development and improvement of products and service
This is a fantastic multi award-winning place to work. The office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude and the ability to prioritise workload and work on their own initiative. The management team work closely together to build a strong team ethos and maximise the client experience with our business objectives at heart. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion, we want to hear from you.